Ready for some exciting news?!
1. I began marathon training Monday for the Space Coast Marathon. Fingers crossed that I avoid injury this time around and finally am able to tackle my first full marathon!
|I'm working hard to really stay on track by recording actual workouts in black over my color-coded prescribed workouts.|
|Despite the "cool" temperatures in the mornings, I'm still combating 90+% humidity, which makes breathing tough. My tempo run tomorrow is scaring me already!|
2. Remember when I was a finalist for MLB's All Star Teachers? Yeah, I found out this week that I won! Matt and I will be going to Minnesota for the All Star Game, plus I'll get to participate in all kinds of special events. If you voted thank you. This is surreal. I've already given an interview for a local paper...I feel like I'm dreaming!
|The 29 other selected teachers are simply amazing. I'm in great company! Check them all out here: www.allstarteachers.com.|
3. Thursday is Matt's and my fourth wedding anniversary. I'm hoping to put together a blog post, but maybe I'll reuse last year's. Is that the height of laziness?
|Feels like yesterday/forever ago.|
4. I get to go to South Florida this weekend to meet some of my online running buddies from the Sub30 Club! I'm beyond excited to meet these amazing women in person!
5. I finally bought a running skirt. The neon yellow and flounce totally deserve their own mention!
|I can't wait to try this baby out!|
So yeah, it's been a big, exciting week, and it looks like next week will be more of the same! This is shaping up to be a wonderful summer!
How has your week been?
Do you like running skirts?
Have you had the opportunity to meet online running buddies?
Super CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is awesome news Ali! And that is a super cute running skirt by the way! I recently bought a running skirt from running skirts.com...it is Chevron print black and white. I really like it. it's pretty girly, but cute.ReplyDelete
I think when it comes to running skirts, you need to embrace the girliness!Delete
Congrats on winning the MLB's All Star Teachers contest!!!! That is so exciting!ReplyDelete
Can't wait to hear how the skirt is. I keep eyeing them up at the store, but haven't taken the plunge yet!
I wore it for my tempo run today...AMAZING. It was so airy and comfortable!!!Delete
Happy Anniversary! Omigosh you winning the contest is amazing!ReplyDelete
Thank you! :o)Delete
Congratulations!!!! What an honor! I went to the site and read your bio. :) I didn't know you coached volleyball. Happy early anniversary! Your running skirt is cute enough to be a real skirt.ReplyDelete
Yep, coaching and I have a love/hate relationship. I really love it, but I hate that I don't get to go on the court myself and play! lolDelete
You are super super awesome!!!!!! Congrats on everything going on!!! You are amazing!! XoxoReplyDelete
Congratulations! That is so awesome!! Your yellow skirt is fantastic. Happy colors are my favorite. You are going to rock this marathon with all of the organized training you're doing.ReplyDelete
The yellow is like 90% what sold me. I just LOVE yellow and neon!Delete
YAHOO on the win...that is exciting! Love the yellow running skirt...I have a black lulu one and love it. You get to be all powerful runner and girly at the same time!! win! Win!ReplyDelete
Who keeps Archie when you guys go away??
Congratulations!!!! How exciting that you won!!!ReplyDelete
Thank you!!! It's kind of insane!!Delete
WOW!!! Congratulations! I don't know where to start - you have so many amazing things going on right now (including that skirt :-) Try to enjoy ALL of it as it is well deserved!ReplyDelete
Thank you! I'm determined to just pause and soak it all in!Delete