Meg Go Run nominated me at the end of 2013, and her questions were just too fun not to answer!
1. How did you come up with the name for your blog? I wanted something that had running in the title and had to do with perseverance...Hit the Ground Running just kind of popped into my head!
2. What would your memoir be called? Awkward Moments: Living with Bitchy Resting Face.
3. What is your "day job"? I teach language arts and reading to 8th graders. It's pretty awesome.
4. What are 3 of your proudest fitness accomplishments? 1) the first time I successfully ran a mile without taking a walk break. 2) Going to the gym alone, despite my anxiety disorder. 3) My last half marathon, which I ran while sick. It was horrendous, but I really proved something to myself that day.
|That time I discovered my students read my blog.|
5. You HAVE to change your first name. What do you change it to? Penelope.
6. What is the best concert you've ever been to? Okay this is embarrassing, but I rarely go to concerts. The best would have to be my first, which was *NSync with Britney Spears opening. I didn't even know I knew the band until they took the stage, and then I was like "Oh my gosh, I know all these songs! WOOOO!! I LOVE YOU JC OMG!!!"
7. Tell me some things on your bucket list. Run a race in another country; sky dive; run in snow.
|Can we just bask in the beauty of the 90s for a moment?|
8. Describe your dream house. My dream house would overlook the ocean but have forest/mountains behind it. It would have lots of windows and balconies perfectly set up for eating breakfast while watching the water.
9. Name a celebrity you find oddly attractive, one that wouldn't usually occupy one's 'hottest celeb list'. Jeff Goldblum.
10. Tell me 5 of your favorite blogs. I went with running blogs but there are plenty I follow that aren't. Check out my "What I'm Reading" tab to see more...although it needs to be updated!
|I don't know, I just love him!|
- Heather at Girl Goes Running
- Kristina at Blog About Running
- Rachel at Life. Or Something Like It.
- Beth at Shut Up and Run
- Janelle at Run With No Regrets
What are you doing this week to make sure your new year starts out as sunny as possible?
What's something I might not know about you?
Dream House - A very "open plan" cottage feeling house - right on a beachReplyDelete
Ooh, that would be lovely!Delete
This is such a fun post! Thanks for the shout out :)ReplyDelete
The teacher in me just read every single note your students wrote on the board...lol. Very sweet...my grade 5 last year, and actually my grade 1s and 2s this year also love to write on the white board.
If you want to come run in the snow with me, just let me know. ;)
haha I have an entire album on facebook of their whiteboard notes to me. It's a nice little pick-me-up on the hard days.Delete
I maybe take you up on a winter run, but not if it's -19 haha!
I love this post! I don't have an anxiety disorder, but as I get older I am getting more and more introverted/awkward around people and I always feel awkward going to the gym by myself.ReplyDelete
It definitely takes some getting used to!Delete
My dream home would be just like you mentioned...quiet and serene...mabye with a hottub that I could sit in and star gaze!ReplyDelete
Bucket List - I'd love to visit some of the bloggers that I follow....especially ones that live in warm climates like yourself. LOL
Don't laugh...but one of my favorite concerts was to Kenny Rogers when I was 10...my parents constantly had country music on when I was younger and I could sing every word of every one of his songs. Garth Brooks has got to be my other one. Funny...cause I don't listen to country today...but can still sing the hits of these two artists!
Oh I totally forgot about a hot tub! Great addition! I'd love to do a get-together/run together with bloggers. Maybe someday in the near future!Delete
Yes yes yes yes to *NSYNC with Britney opening!!! That was my first concert as well (besides seeing Celine Dion with my mom... but that was totally her thing). I am not embarrassed to say that I saw them in concert 9 more times after that. Best days of my life. The absolute best was sitting fourth row to see them at Raymond James Stadium. I swear Justin looked me in the eyes! :)ReplyDelete
You could totally pass as a Penelope, I can see it!
haha I got free tickets through a friend's dad, so I went not realizing who the band really was! I'm glad I'm not the only one who still has fond memories of that concert. I'm impressed that you saw them 10 times!Delete
If you want to run in snow, come on up here...plenty of it!ReplyDelete
haha I may take you up on that!Delete
My dream house can look like anything as long as it is on the water, preferably in Hawaii!!!ReplyDelete
Ooh, Hawaii would fit my preference, for sure!Delete
You are too sweet!! You are definitely one of my favorite bloggers as well. I am insanely jealous that you saw NSYNC with Britney opening! That is my 12-year-old self's dream! And your students have amazingly neat handwriting.ReplyDelete
Great post, but I would expect nothing less. ;-)
I think using whiteboard markers has something to do with their excellent handwriting . It's never this legible on their essays! :o)Delete
I went to an NSYNC concert once! My HS boyfriend and his friend dropped me off at the stadium and I went in and watched by myself. Then they just drove around into it was over. Ah, young love! Oh and I would totally read a memoir with that title. :)ReplyDelete
I think that IS true love; they didn't want to see the concert, but they were cool with wasting a few hours driving around so they'd be there to pick you up hehe!Delete
I love Jack Black and John Cusack, particularly in High Fidelity. Jack Black wasn't at his hottest in that movie (I'd say his most attractive moments were in The Holiday) but he was certainly at his funniest.ReplyDelete
There' something to be said for how humor can make the attraction factor much higher! I love John Cusack, too...Jack Black isn't really my type, but he cleans up nicely!Delete
Sometimes I think I have crushes on people just because I know they aren't particularly attractive to other people. :)Delete
I too "suffer" from...well I call it Resting Bitchface Syndrome. lol! You must be an introvert like me? My odd celebrity crush would be Jimmy Fallon. Or maybe that's not odd. I just think he's so cute and funny!ReplyDelete
I'm such an introvert!! I really need alone time to get my energy back, and I don't do well in giant crowds. Jimmy Fallon definitely has the quirky/funny thing going for him!Delete